This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. That means that if you make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. You get something awesome; I get a tiny commission to continue improving my health & wellness journey. It's a win-win 😉
Potatoes are an absolute crowd pleaser at my house. I can’t speak for any other family member, but I love potatoes how Bubba Gump from the movie Forrest Gump loved shrimp. I can have potatoes every day at every meal cooked and in any fashion. Potatoes are good but unfortunately not so good for me to have as often I would like.
So for starters, I searched for an alternative that is close to one of my favorite potato dishes, potato au gratin. While cauliflower is definitely not part of the potato family, I have to admit this Cauliflower Au Gratin is fabulous. Who needs Potato Au Gratin when you have Cauliflower Au Gratin that is low carb, paleo, and keto-friendly. Definitely a win-win situation.
Cauliflower Au Gratin is an effortless dish to make in under 30 minutes and can go with almost any other dish you can think of.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Ingredients You Will Need:
4 c. cauliflower florets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
6 oz. Cream cheese, cut into chunks
¼ c. heavy cream
3 T. softened unsalted butter
¼ t. Garlic powder
½ t. dried dill
Sea salt and black pepper, to your taste
1½ c. Shredded Italian cheese blend
4 cooked and crumbled strips of bacon
1 T. chopped fresh chives
- Place the top oven rack in the center position of the oven.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the cauliflower in a steamer basket on top of a pot with boiling water and steam until fork-tender. It may take around 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer cauliflower into a cold water bath to prevent further cooking. Drain well and pat dry.
- Transfer steamed cauliflower to a large bowl and add cream cheese, heavy cream, butter, garlic powder, and dried dill. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to mix it all well.
- Transfer to an oven-safe casserole dish and top with shredded cheese blend and crumbled bacon. Place in preheated oven and roast until cheese is melted and nicely browned on top, around 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately topped with fresh chives.
Nutritional Facts: *
Total Carbs: 5.36g
Net Carbs: 3.86g
*Source: HappyForks.com recipe analyzer.
Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and is not to be construed as medical advice.
Also Try – Easy Egg Roll In A Bowl | Keto
Results may vary. Information and statements made are for general purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. Her Own Health does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Her Own Health are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.